Who doesn’t love a nice cup of hot cocoa especially in this cold, snowy winter to soothe and relax you? Cacao is loaded with antioxidants which helps to protect your body, especially during the cold and flu season. Try this recipe from Dr. Mercola and share it with your family.
- 1 cup organic full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 heaping tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon MCT oil
- 1 teaspoon xylitol or other sugar substitute
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend for three minutes.
- Place cocoa mixture in a small saucepan and warm the mixture over low heat. Be sure to whisk often to ensure all the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- If you’d like to, add coconut whipped cream or cacao nibs.