Have you given up bread in order to stick to your low carb diet? You don’t have to with recipes like this. I have been making low carb almond buns for months now and not only are they only 2 NET carbs per bun, they are also gluten free and high in fiber so they will fill you up. They literally take only 10 minutes to make so take some time this weekend and do a few batches and then freeze them individually so you have them handy at all times. Summer is coming up (not soon enough) and we will be BBQing again and who doesn’t love a big fat juicy burger on a bun? You can even make them into sausage or hot dog buns depending on how you shape them. Be creative and add garlic or olives to your recipe. Add cheese on top…whatever you want! This recipe is a little different from mine. I got it from the Diet Doctor web site and it is my weekend project as I just ran out of my other buns. Personally I like to have toast with my eggs or a sandwich for lunch so I need to make some more. My family loves my bread so much I have made it for them as well! Give it a try…you won’t be disappointed!
2 NET CARB KETO ALMOND BUNS
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 5 Tbls Psyllium powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don’t over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- Moisten hands and form dough into 4 or 8 pieces of bread. You can also make hot dog or hamburger buns. Place on parchment paper so it doesn’t stick.
- Bake for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread. They’re done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Serve with butter and toppings of your choice. Store the bread in the fridge or freezer.