Cheese & herb biscuits (naturally from Angela on divaliciousrecipes.com)
Only 1.2 Net carbs per biscuit and gluten free!
½ cup (113g) butter, room temperature
1 ½ cup (170g) Cheddar Cheese, grated
½ cup (50g) Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 ½ (150g) cup ground almonds/almond flour
¼ cup (28g) coconut flour
2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon white pepper
* Mix the butter and cheeses together.
* Add the coconut and almond flour and work into a dough.
* Add the herbs and seasoning and mix well into the dough.
* Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up
* Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
* Roll out the dough between two layers of parchment paper.
* Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter.
* Place the cookies on a parchment lined baking tray.
* Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and firm.
* Eat and enjoy!
Makes 24 biscuits (using a star cookie cutter)
Nutritional Info per biscuit – 114 Calories, 10g Fat, 4g Protein, 2.5g Total Carbs, 1.3g Fibre, 1.2g Net Carbs
divalicious recipes http://divaliciousrecipes.com/