Gluten Free and only 2 Net Carbs!!!
Servings: 12 Mini Cups
Author: Angela Coleby
- 1/2 cup (56g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Erythritol or sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup 113g butter, unsalted softened
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4oz 112g cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons erythritol or sugar susbtitute
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Fresh strawberries cut into small pieces
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease a mini muffin tin well.
- In a bowl, mix the coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the butter, egg and vanilla and mix into a dough.
- Line a mini muffin tin with 12 cases.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls.
- Press the dough balls into the case making sure that there is a large “well” in the middle and spreading the edges out.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden and firm.
- Remove and set aside to cool.
- Gently remove the shortcake cups from the tin. If they start to crumble, place them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to harden.
- Blend the erythritol, cream cheese, vanilla extract and double cream until smooth.
- Pipe into the shortcake cases. Or spoon it in.
- Decorate with strawberries
- Eat and enjoy
Makes 12 mini cookie cups
Nutritional Info per cup – 134 Calories, 12g Fat, 2g Protein, 4g Total Carbs, 2g Fibre, 2g Net Carbs
- Taken from Angela’s website: http://divaliciousrecipes.com/2017/05/24/strawberry-shortcake-cups/