I am on the road most days and tend to skip breakfast, even though I am completely aware that breakfast is the most important meal of the day…it kick starts the metabolism. I can also be lazy so I don’t bother with a blender except if I am making one for my husband as well in which I may add frozen fruit and/or a banana. The basic recipe for me is:
- 1 Scoop Protein (I use protein concentrate not isolate as it is slower released and keeps me fuller longer)
- 1 Tbls liquid fish oil (you can never taste the fish oil as they make them very tasty these days)
- 1 Tbls Progressive Phytoberry (this is loaded with berries and fruits among many other ingredients, which is very high in anti-oxidants)
- 1 Tbls Progressive Vege Greens (you won’t believe how many amazing ingredients in this greens product and they now have a new pineapple/coconut flavor)
- 1-2 Tbls MCT oil (this is a great fat burner)
This is your basic recipe. You can use whatever protein powders, greens or powder fruit blends as you choose. I put water in my shaker cup (the one with the metal mesh ball in them), add all of the ingredients, shake and go. It literally takes 5 minutes max.
If I use a blender, I will add one or more of the following:
- 1 banana
- ½ cup frozen blueberries (you can use fresh)
- ½ cup frozen strawberries (you can use fresh)
- Any other types of fruit
- You can add spinach or kale for added greens
- The recipes are completely endless depending on your taste, just do it
I could not eat ALL DAY long and get half of the nutrients that I get in this shake. You can even freeze it for later and have a frozen smoothie.