How Do I Get Coconut Oil in My Diet?
- Put it in your hot drinks, including coffee and hot chocolate…it tastes great
- Put it in your smoothies
- Bake with it
- Fry with it
- There are tons of recipes using coconut oil. One of my favorites are “coconut fat bombs”
Coconut Fat Bombs
- 1 Cup Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup Cocoa powder
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla bean powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract or 1-2 Drops of Organic Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5 Drops of Liquid Stevia, raw honey or natural sweetener of choice (optional)
- Process all the ingredients together in a food processor until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour into ice cub trays or silicone molds (like these) and freeze.
- Once frozen, pop the coconut oil fat bombs out of the molds and store them in a freezer zip lock or jar. Enjoy!
Yields 1 1/2 cups of coconut oil fat bombs.
Author: The Coconut Mama: http://thecoconutmama.com/coconut-oil-fat-bombs/